chickens in the burbs

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Note to Old Navy...and all baby clothes makers/retailers

Dear Old Navy, et al.

Regarding the sizing of infant clothing. Is there really no way to standardize the system of sizing? Buying anything is a crap shoot...some brands run long and narrow, some wide, some have small neck openings, etc. Wouldn't the industry, as a whole, benefit from some organized system? I know I'd be a happier consumer.

And regarding the size ranges (specifically Old Navy)...6-12 months is a really big gap. Have you seen the difference between most 6 month and 12 month olds? It's pretty significant. Do you really think it's fair and wise to use this large range. I can get on board with 12-18 month, their growing slows a little. My baby (at 8 months) is still growing pretty rapidly and is either swimming in 6-12 month or there is no way they'll still fit at 12 months. It makes me not want to shop at Old Navy for baby clothes. Too much to consider on a brain that already isn't operating at optimum capacity. I'm just saying.

Thanks for your time.



No comments: