chickens in the burbs

Thursday, November 26, 2009

so thankful (I honestly, started writing this on thanksgiving...honest)

Even though we are now, unforgivably (?) past thanksgiving, this post is as true now as it was then.

Our family has so many things to give thanks to God for.

  • For the gift and grace of our Catholic faith and the fact that my husband and I share a common faith. For the awesome power of the Sacraments, especially the Holy Eucharist.
  • For our wonderful marriage and my awesome husband. And God's awesome plan in which He created us so perfectly for each other and put us where we needed to be to meet and fall in love.
  • For our babies. From 0 to 2 babies in one year is quite a blessing, indeed. What a testament to the loving and merciful God.
  • For our family. From the east coast to the frozen north, we are thankful to have these people as our family. Even though we are scattered around, we love each and every one of you and wish we could see you so much more frequently.
  • For our friends. We have such a wonderful, strong community that supports us and loves us. We would not be the family we are today without these special people.
  • For this great country, of which we are so lucky to be citizens. For all of the men and women who serve in our armed forces and help to guarantee our safety and security at the risk of their own.
  • For our little house. That God has given us the means to stay safe and warm and dry.
  • For my husband's job during these tough times. That he has found a place where he enjoys the work and the people and that he is able to support our family in its needs and wants.
  • For our pets, especially our pooch, Mel. They all (even the chickens) give of themselves wholly and ask so very little in return. We couldn't ask for a better buddy and companion than Melvin.
I pray that each of you is able to give thanks today and that our loving Father would pour his blessings down upon you all, especially those who find themselves in need. Please say a prayer or two today for all of those people who don't have a warm place or a delicious meal or loving family and friends.

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Gratitude feels so good, doesn't it? I have to be sure and count my blessings, especially when I am tempted to want more....more things, more this more that. You know how it is!


I know we've said this before, but I would really love to get together with you and Cabrini! Especially because I know soon you're going to truly be busy with the new addition! (Although, I would love to see Peter when he arrives, also!) Would next week work for a play-date? Or sometime soon? :)

Heather said...

You said that so well. God bless you, sweetie. I'm so excited for your family to grow and join the wonderful chaos. ;)