chickens in the burbs

Friday, June 4, 2010

If you're into this...

Then you should try whipping up your own yummy, spicy hot cocoa! Here's a little recipe that I've been playing with after drinking Dagoba's Xocalatl drinking chocolate.

1 c milk
2-3 T sugar
2-3 T cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 dash salt
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3-4 T chocolate chips

Slowly heat milk to the point where it just starts to steam. Remove from heat, add all of the ingredients and whisk. Pour into mug and fall in love!

You'll never be able to drink Ibara again. Just a warning. :)

3 comments:

Zabaglione said...

Hmmm...funny thing to be making HOT cocoa, just a week or so before SUMMER is to begin...hope yours has been good so far!! See you tomorrow.

Cindy K

Kyrsten said...

Oh, my, yummmmm. I love spicy chocolate. My only experience has been with Cowgirl Chocolates. Oh dear, just thinking bout it make my heart skip a beat. Your post reminds me of a clip on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network where Giada raved about some spicy hot chocolate. It looked delicious and now, thanks to you, I have the means to accomplish a most satisfying end.

MandyPants said...

Cindy...if the weather was acting summery it would be a lot funnier. ;) It has to change soon, right?!

Kyrsten...Let me know what you think of the recipe. I'd love some feedback...just trying to tweak it here and there. :)