I, proud owner of 4 chickens, who has only bought eggs once in the last year and a half...am OUT of eggs! :(
I need 4 for the yummiest buttermilk pancakes eva (Martha Stewart's). But a girl can't be upset about this since it is because she had a delicious scramble this morning courtesy of one hubba-hubba hubby. I also made a from scratch yellow cake last night that took 5. Again, nothing to hate about a yummy, buttery, yellow cake.
*sigh* It is a conundrum though because Cababy LOVES some buttermilk pancakes. Oh, and trying to be the organized mommy, I have everything else measured out and ready to go...including the buttermilk, which is in the fridge, but needs to be used asap. I was all set...that hardly ever happens!
The issue is, do I walk down to the market (tomorrow morning with both kids), which is a lovely place and only about .8 miles from my door, to buy 12 eggs when all I need are 4? Further, there will likely be 3 eggs in the box and 3 more tomorrow and the day after that, etc. An acquisition of 12 eggs will create a glut that will necessitate making a quiche or a bread pudding or some other eggy thing.
Maybe there will be four in the box tomorrow. Come on girls, is it really too much to ask that you all get on board here and lay me some nice eggs in the morning?
Well, I'll know in just a few hours...which is my cue to go to bed. :)
xoxo
p.s. I am so in love with this being the big problem of my evening. Thanks to God for taking care of everything in our lives so that these are the issues of the day. We are very blessed in this house!
No comments:
Post a Comment