chickens in the burbs

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

So long luxuriously thick pregnancy hair.
Farewell effortlessly clear and luminously bright complexion.
I'll miss you most, lack of body consciousness.

In your place I now have hand-fulls and brush-fulls of hair; my first post-Peter pimple (alliteration!!); a palid complexion dimmed further by unbelievably deep dark under-eye circles; and last, but certainly not least, a new rotundness far jigglier than any jiggly bits I've ever before had on my person.

Looking at my little Peter Pan makes all of this a trifle, of course...but there it is anyway.

I need to suck it up and get to exercising more...the gym/pool membership promise in my mother's day card was for real. I have waaaay less wardrobe options post-partum because now I don't want anything tight or clingy at all on this body. When I was pregnant trying to find billowy clothes was like trying to cover the Epcot Center (or Spaceship Earth if we're being technical) with a post-it note. Therefore I stretched all kinds of pre-pregnancy garments on while in the midst of cooking Mr. Peter. Now...not so much. My goal is to be at a respectable place by October. Cousin Ben is getting married so I'll need a dress. It's a goal anyway...I'll be almost 9 months post-partum, so it's doable.

Also, can anyone explain to me why I have no ill feelings toward hair strands while they are securely attached to a head; but the moment they are free to cling to clothes and skin or float in the tub or get stuck in the drain they become disgusting and repulsive? Could it be due to all of the time spent in my youth at public swimming pools and locker rooms? I dunno.

Crabby...I mean Happy...Tuesday.

No comments: